Thursday, April 14, 2016

Primer

4/14/2016 2300

Today I have finally came up with the primer solution.  Living in Florida, I believe priming is a must.  I have decided on AKZO 463-12-8/CA-116.  It's well known to be the best in my opinion.  The durability is often said to be "hard as nails".  Its super easy for the novice sprayer to apply.  AKZO dries in a few mins.  In the S. Florida sun, it'll dry in a flash!  Downside to AKZO is its hazardous which requires PPE (bunny suit and activated charcoal respirator) while using it.  Next, I'll have to decide if the "el cheapo" Harbor Freight HVLP gun will do or if a better quality gun ($$$) is in order.  Not sure yet.  

http://www.gracosupply.com/akzonobel-fluid-resistant-epoxy-primer-463-12-8ca-116-dn9295-green-2-gallon-kit-dms-1786-ty-1-comp-a?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

YT video on surface prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment