Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Cracked Open The RV-10 Manual

While waiting for tools to be shipped, I started to read the build manual.  Nearly half the manual is purely informational.  Whew!  Lots of information for sure. There is a steep learning curve going on right now.  I don't learn very well by just reading.  Reading this ten times will hopefully help this section sink in.   Although empennage is partially complete (not by me), all the information is still very important.  Unfortunately for me, I'll be starting on the empennage midway thru.  No pressure...

For the last few days, I have been reading a few pages before and after work.  Trying to get my head into the metal building workflow.  So far the rivet sizing seems the most difficult part.  I don't remember a digital caliper in the tool kit order. A few pages at a time is a good pace to not overload myself.  As of today, the bulk of the tools have not shipped.  So I have at least a week to keep reading.  Not having tools yet is good for me. I'm a very hands on person and would hate to try something right off the bat and need to order parts cause I buggered up something because I did not read the entire Pre-build info section.  I think this is a good time to order some practice kits from the mothership.

No comments:

Post a Comment