Thursday, June 2, 2016

So today marks another mistake on my part.  Having got the tools yesterday, I went back to working on the trim tabs.  Figured if something went wrong, it would be a cheap part to replace.  Well, sure enough, I was drilling away.....First I drilled some #30 holes on the trim tab tabs.  Then it was time to match drill the skins.  Yeah, I didn't change the drill bit to #40.  Luckily, only the left side got #30 to the skins.  (this is a late entry the blog and have since fingered out a way to prevent that in the future).  Its a crappy feeling when mistakes happen.  I'll send out an email to Vans tech support to see if it's an issue.  I don't think it will be an issue.  I plan to put in the AD4 rivets in for now unless Vans says I need new parts.  For now, moving forward. Will setup for AKZO priming next week depending on weather (tropical storm headed to northern Florida with rain foretasted for all for Florida.  Waiting on proseal to bond the foam ribs to skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment