Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cleaning Out The Garage

4-21-15

My workshop or my hanger as I like to call it will be the attached 2 car garage.  Right now it's about 1/2 full of stuff we have been trying to sell in gargage sales for a couple years.  Today I loaded up the trunk of my sedan with stuff  without my wife noticing. Then she came into the garage and ask if we can donate some stuff to Goodwill.  To my surprise, she filled 6 grocery bags of clothes hanging on a portable rack.  YES!!!  I smiled and thew them in the back seat.  Then she handed me a bunch of other stuff, which I gladly loaded up in the car.  She looked at me and said, "is that enough for now?  Can we go back to the hotel for our stay-cation?"  I said, "Yup, this is a start." And smiled.  A quick drive to Goodwill and a tax donation recipt in hand, I knew the hanger is that much closer to build an airplane.

The garage has three windows with blinds and two 4' Florecent fixtures with two bulbs in each at the rear. During daylight hours, it is sufficient.  Night, not so much.  I'll definitely have to add a few more florecents to brighten the hanger during building time.  I'll add the additional lights onto a separate switch.

The belt driven compressor is inside the garage.  With 100' of hose, I can do some work outside the hanger out front on the driveway or on the side yard behind the 8' privacy wood fence.  I have had this compressor for 5 years now and I find the noise level to be tolerable.  The hanger is away from all sleeping areas so late nights won't wake anyone. That is always a plus!

Completed parts will be hung on the walls or ceiling.  Small parts will stored on non permanent plastic shelving.  Larger parts like spars and skins will be placed on top shelves of a couple plastic non permanent shelves pushed together.  Will shall see how this works out as the parts come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment