Friday, May 27, 2016

Elevator Trim Tabs

After work today, I had my first helpers of the project.  The elevator skins needed more clecos...





Next we photo copied the trim tab rib cutout.  


Carmella cut the rectangles out.  I had some 3m headliner spray glue on hand that we used to glue the templates to the foam.



Next I used the band saw to cut out the 6 trim tab ribs.  This is the first time using the band saw.  Easy peasy. 




My wonderful wife came in and snapped a picture of us pulling the blue plastic off the trip tabs.  She really came out when we were going to bed.  It was 2330.  I smiled and said...."Soon..."


The miter saw in the background is from cutting up 2X4 scrap wood to build more work benches.  Had to use a foldout table for the miter saw which was ok (wobbly) for the quick job.  Ran out of wood so the next morning we picked up more 2X4 and I finished the new work benches.

No comments:

Post a Comment